The Quote -

"Nope, I don't really have anything new to say. but then, I always have something amazing to tell about things that you already know!!"

-Muthu

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Helpless - A 55 fiction

The Snap:


The Tale:


“I don’t want to go to the dentist” Her chubby voice gurgled.
“hmhm”
“Please papa….. Please….”
“hmhm hmhm”

The kid pulled his hand gingerly.

“I really don’t want to…..”
“hmhm.... Okay.” he sighed.

The kid calmed down for a moment, a bare moment before then her voice crackled as she sobbed.

“I am sorry, papa but my tooth .......... still pains” 




Author's Note:

The idea behind the 55 fiction is to emphasize the unsaid reality that is left out of the story-
 the kid who did not take care of her teeth despite the warnings of the parent, The helplessness that chokes her father when she is suffering from pain, the innocence of the kid when she is apologizing for something as simple as taking care of your teeth.

This is a part of Colgate's IndiBlogger Contest. To know more about the Colgate initiative and their expert articles on teeth and gums, kindly visit the following link.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

repents..nicely expressed :)
best of luck for the contest

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

I have a 4 yr old kid myself but I am STILL TERRIFIED of dentists... :D Their table, those lights and instruments! Eeks! :)

Ritesh Agarwal said...

i liked it....nice

muthu said...

@ mysay.in --

Thank you... :) It would be nice to win something. :)

muthu said...

@ jaish_vats --

hmhm... Well, I think- a lot of people would say the same. May be,it has to do with the way that you are left defenseless when the dentist goes haywire on your open mouth. Thank you for your comments. :)

muthu said...

@ Ritesh Agarwal --

Welcome to my blog and I am glad that you liked my fiction. :)