The Quote -

"Nope, I don't really have anything new to say. but then, I always have something amazing to tell about things that you already know!!"

-Muthu

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Good bye my love - A poem


Snap-





The poem-


Oh! I will forget, just like them fingers in my hand, babe-
As they strum thy guitar strings
Rapid strokes of mambo jambo-
To the rhythm my heart rings.
A single solo I sing,
Of a man gone hollow-
Breathing sorrow- with each and every ping!

Oh … Yeah!  We danced around with words, babe;
Of the few that were said;
One or two- here and there; Nothing more than that;
Too much a-bare; too much to bear;
Like the distant stars in a lonely sky;
We scattered them too much-
And in darkness, they were.
Waiting for you, girl- Just waiting for you.


To reach out with your hand- babe, them five member band;
Thy strumming; ramming at my heart;
For with each and every move, your warm eyes tend to move;
I root alone for me- for you to look at me
And say something- girl.
My jumping parts are praying thy lord;
Say something girl; Just anything, my girl.

Oh yeah! I am just a fool;
Laying in my pool of a few bitter tears- dried long ago,
My last words to you- a simple song for you;
Hewed broken sods- just if you may;
Just before I leave, somewhere away,
Ahoy in a sway!


But my girl- Don’t you worry,
I am never sad- Nothing’s ever bad.
My love for you will always be there; so bitter and so sweet;
Not that I notice- my own parts; of those young and jumping sorts,
Just like I forgot the fingers of my hand,
Strumming along with me,
Humming alone with me,
Good bye, my love –
One last good bye, my love.




Author's note-

Last night as I was listening to Bob Dylan, It stuck me how simple and lucid his lines were, yet so sharp and honest that they carried his pain, anguish, thought across. And hence I was inspired to write the above poem and I dedicate the same poem to his legend. I tried to model the theme of the song around one of my own favorites "Don't think twice, Its alright" by Bob Dylan. I kept the lyrics quite simple. Hope you guys like it.

And for people, who haven't listened to Bob Dylan, Guys, you just don't know what you are missing. Bob Dylan is the guy who gave the lyrics not just meaning but soul. His songs "Blowing in the wind" and "Times they are a-changing" are anti-war revolutions. The man is a cultural icon, his music an ode to the times that there were, the times that will be. Do listen to him.


PS-

Well, I have tagged - New technique, since I wrote the poetry more as a song to be sung rather than a poem to be read and yeah, I tagged the same with social problems. I mean what's more than a social problem than a heart break nowadays. What say?? :P

16 comments:

deeps said...

thats a lot of things in one single post !!

muthu said...

Yeah, Like a Bob Dylan song- a Lot of things in a few words... :P

Welcome back to my blog. it has been quite sometime, Since I remember your comments.

Cheers.

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

While reading I did think its more of a song than a poem and then found your footnote...Good One...And Congrats on winning the silver at the Blogathon :)

muthu said...

@ jaish_vats --

Thanks and Thanks again. :) - So try Bob Dylan. He is the best there is to give the most non-traditional but hard hitting songs. :)

gunjan kumar said...

read your posts ,,,nice one .
_Gunjan Kumar

muthu said...

@ gunjan kumar --

Welcome to my blog. & thank you for you comment. :)

D.Nambiar said...

You've done justice to the inspiration. Your poem was also simple yet profound.
Yessir, to Bob Dylan, I shall pay more attention. :)

muthu said...

@ muthu --

Thanks & Yeah, Bob Dylan, Beatles and Elvis - These guys can always revitalize you - you will just have to allow their music to flow through you. :)

Sabyasachi Patra | Tales from Wild India said...

Nice Lines. "I am never sad"... Great. If this becomes the motto of life....

muthu said...

@ Sabyasachi Patra --

Yeah, but i think it's pretty hard. hmhm.... Even in a way, I think I enjoy some doses of sadness, just to know how great it is to be happy.

And writing about sadness, and poetry about pain is always something that exist as long as there are romantics. :)

What say??

Unknown said...

Congrats and many more prizes to you :)

muthu said...

@ Ghazala Hossain --

Thank you and cheers. :)

Unknown said...

prada handbags, uggs on sale, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike free, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, louboutin, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, michael kors, burberry, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike free, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin outlet, air jordan pas cher, nike roshe run, replica watches, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, prada outlet, nike air max, sac longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, air max, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, lululemon, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors, hollister, nike air max, nike blazer, coach purses, hermes, true religion outlet, burberry outlet online, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, timberland, replica handbags, michael kors, new balance pas cher, michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, hogan, north face, hollister pas cher, ray ban pas cher, ugg boots, mulberry, ugg boots, oakley pas cher, michael kors, nike air max, nike free run uk, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, lacoste pas cher, ray ban uk, burberry, air force, coach outlet, nike roshe, nike air max, true religion jeans, michael kors, kate spade handbags, sac guess, north face

Unknown said...

lululemon, ray ban, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, baseball bats, nike air max, hollister, iphone cases, bottega veneta, hollister, p90x workout, longchamp, valentino shoes, instyler, oakley, north face outlet, mac cosmetics, nike roshe, abercrombie and fitch, jimmy choo shoes, converse, vans, celine handbags, insanity workout, chi flat iron, beats by dre, asics running shoes, vans shoes, birkin bag, nike trainers, wedding dresses, mcm handbags, gucci, nfl jerseys, converse outlet, mont blanc, timberland boots, new balance, nike air max, ghd, louboutin, reebok shoes, hollister, herve leger, ralph lauren, babyliss, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache

Unknown said...

lancel, moncler, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes, moncler, pandora charms, coach outlet, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, barbour jackets, toms shoes, barbour, canada goose, canada goose outlet, moncler, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, replica watches, pandora charms, hollister, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, links of london, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, karen millen, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, swarovski crystal, swarovski, doudoune canada goose, moncler outlet, moncler, bottes ugg